Neurological Rehabilitation in Summit County
For effective neurorehabilitation and comprehensive neurological physical therapy, patients requiring neurological rehabilitation in Summit County rely on Avalanche Physical Therapy. Patients ask, “what is neurological rehabilitation?” Avalanche Physical Therapy neurorehabilitation specialists work with patients with injuries or nervous system conditions. Our expert team of neurological rehabilitation specialists treats patients to improve overall well-being and restore mobility.
The active Summit County community may experience a fall or sports injury affecting the nervous system. Other conditions affecting nerve function include:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Bell’s palsy
- Brain injury
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Huntington’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury
Neurological rehabilitation patients present with a broad range of needs. Our neurorehabilitation specialists at Avalanche Physical Therapy design individualized treatment plans with the unifying purpose of patient empowerment. Neurological physical therapy provides the tools for patients to acquire long-term improvements utilizing three modalities:
- Wellness – Recognizing physical, emotional, social, and quality of life aspects
- Educational – Providing a comprehensive understanding of how their body works and what can be achieved.
- Progressive – Delivering an evolving course of physical therapy movements and exercises that enhance performance, mobility, wellness, and quality of life
Neurorehabilitation provides individualized treatment plans to address all three modalities for patients.
Wellness: Quality of life neurological physical therapy scope
- Daily living – hygiene, bathing, dressing, food preparation, and housekeeping
- Social-speech therapy, reading and writing adaptations, activities, interactive and behavior support, and community partnerships
- Emotional-mood management, and attention-memory-judgment exercises
Educational – physical therapy strategies
- Movement and exercise treatment plan to build strength, stamina, range of motion, and ease of movement
- Activities to increase mobility, balance, gait, and muscle control
- Nutrition education
- Proper use of assistive and independent living devices
- Pain management
Progressive – Evolving treatment scope
- Independent living tracking and support
- Safety in the home assessments
- Vocational training
- Counseling support
Professional Neurological Rehabilitation in Summit County
Neurorehabilitation is our passion at Avalanche Physical Therapy. Our highly trained neurological physical therapy specialists connect with our unique community of neurological care patients and commit to the journey of patient empowerment.
Contact Avalanche Physical Therapy in Breckenridge, Frisco, or Silverthorne to schedule your consultation.