Custom Sole Orthotics
In certain cases, patients at Avalanche Physical Therapy suffering from for foot and leg pain can find relief with from custom orthotics. The sole support provided by orthotics can relieve foot and leg symptoms and improve overall well-being. Patients questions, “Can custom sole orthotics help relieve my symptoms?” and “Are the benefits of custom orthotics indicated for my condition?” At Avalanche Physical Therapy, our foot and leg pain specialists have the expertise and training to evaluate and help patients improve their condition with orthotics as part of therapy.
Conditions Orthotics Helps!
The benefits of custom orthotics often bring relief to patients with foot conditions related to:
- Arthritis – A common disease affecting the joints of the foot, arthritis causes stiffness, swelling and permanent foot damage, affecting body alignment and walking.
- Achilles tendinitis – Overuse and high velocity impact to the ankle causes pain that radiates into the foot affecting weight bearing and gait.
- Diabetes – Restricted blood circulation and nerve damage – neuropathy – can interrupt muscle function resulting in unequal pressure on the foot and severe pain. Sores, infections, and even amputation can result.
- Heel Spurs – A bony protrusion on the heel – a calcium build-up – can damage the tissue of the heel resulting in symptoms like plantar fasciitis, and severe, debilitating pain.
- Metatarsalgia – Improper fitting footwear restricts the foot causing deformities of joints, bones, the ball of the foot, and debilitating pain.
- Plantar Fasciitis – Caused by wear and tear of prolonged standing, age and excess weight, this foot pain occurs on the sole, from heel to arch to toes. Inflamed and tightened tissue on the bottom of the foot is the cause.
Conditions of the leg and knee also show improvement with the benefit of custom orthotics and sole support. Conditions include shin splints, patellofemoral knee pain, and jumper’s knee. Any orthopaedic, or systemic pathology affecting the function of the legs and feet may respond to custom sole orthotics.
How a Custom Sole Orthotics Works
Custom designed to fit the foot and condition perfectly, the benefits of custom orthotics include individualized therapeutic correction, and sole support that ready-made insoles cannot match. Custom sole orthotics material is a higher quality and last longer. The design is based upon the orthopaedic prescription recommended by the medical and therapy team. The types include:
- Accommodative – relieve joint stress
- Functional – correct weight bearing/movement abnormalities
- Therapeutic – support, stability, gait correction
Custom Sole Orthotics in Summit County, Colorado
Foot and leg patients can be free of pain! Avalanche Physical Therapy has the expertise to provide sole support and the benefit of custom orthotics to your foot pain therapy treatment plan. Contact us today. In Breckenridge at: 970-453-4364, Frisco at: 970-668-0888, and Silverthorne at: 970-262-6106